Taking the decision to downsize your home can be a daunting experience. To help you on your own downsizing journey, we have compiled a handy list of tips to help make the process and simple and straightforward as possible…
1. Talk to others – there are many people alongside you who are also thinking about downsizing or have themselves downsized. Speak to friends and colleagues – you’re bound to find someone happy to share their experience and invaluable advice.
2. Decide on your approach – don’t leap into action without first being sure about what you want to achieve and how you want to get there. You may prefer to fully understand the requirements for your new home alongside the lifestyle that you want to lead. Or you may prefer to make a more instinctive approach.
3. Make a plan – moving to a smaller home can be a daunting process. Have a plan and then break this down into smaller chunks of action. You’ll find it much easier and far less intimidating to take it one step at a time.
4. Take your time – don’t rush, making the right decision is key. Oversee the decision and don’t let it control you. Implement a plan that lets you go at a speed that’s comfortable for you.
5. Be prepared for and embrace change – anxiety about change is the biggest issue for many downsizers but don’t let fear of the unknown or self-doubts get in the way. This could be the best decision you’ll ever make.
To book your free no obligation downsizing consultation with one of our friendly team click here: http://bit.ly/contact_us_thb